'She loved mysteries so much that she became one.' — My favourite quotes from Paper Towns

4:28 PM

Here is a list of all my favourite (and oh-so relatable) quotes from the novel Paper Towns by John Green❤️



Image source: bustle.com

1. "She loved mysteries so much that she became one." (Tops the list, obviously. Jk, I like these all equally.)

2. "That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, people would want to to be around someone just because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on colour instead of taste." (Okay, I was kidding I like this one the most. This is my fave quote of ALL TIME.)

3. "I felt entirely alone among these big and empty buildings, like I'd survived the apocalypse and the world had been given to me, this whole and amazing and endless world, mine for exploring."

4. "Everyone's uglier close up." (This hit me so hard, deeper than Adele's songs.)

5. "All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters." (Margo is honestly me.)

6. "It was nice—in the dark and the quiet, with no possibility of me saying anything to screw it up, and her eyes looking back, like there was something in me worth seeing."

7. "Doing stuff never feels as good as you hope it will feel."

8. "I think Chuck Parson had a textbook strapped to his stomach."                                            "Those are called abs."                  "Oh yeah, I have heard of those." (For all the lazy asses out there. Hi5!)

9. "I always liked routine. I suppose I never found boredom very boring."

10. "I didn't know what to say. He was right, maybe. Maybe she deserved to be forgotten. But at any rate, I couldn't forget her."

11. "I'd been in the dark so long I was still craving it." (Okay fine, Quentin is me too. I am both of these persons. I crave for dark everyday. Cause I love sleeping, lol. ._.
But seriously though no kidding, darkness makes me more at peace than light.)

12. "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people,full to bursting, and each of then imaginable and consistently misimagined."

13. "Traveling, I am finding, teaches you a lot of things about yourself."

14. "I would not be dying were it not for her."

15. "I can almost imagine a happiness without her, the ability to let her go, to feel our roots are connected even if I never see that leaf of grass again."

16. "Forever is composed of nows."

17. "In the end, something kills you."


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your feedback :)