An open letter to JK Rowling

5:52 PM

To

JK Rowling


I grew up knowing that friendship is a forever thing. That people who love you will never leave you. And that there will be friends you will never get tired of. And people you would cherish more than the brownie sundae. And that people who want you in your life will always forgive you and hug you with all their heart. That there are other important things like, kindness and bravery.



That there are other important things like, kindness and bravery.
I grew up knowing that there are bad times even if you know magic. That people will have something against you, no matter what. That you cannot really understand why someone would want to kill you. Though, it is possible they have their reasons. That the one who is right will win.
I grew up knowing that there are bad times even if you know magic.



I grew up knowing that parents are what God created when he realised he had to be present with us, all the time. That your friends' parents will always pamper you more in front of their own child. That they will still love you as much as they love their own child. That Christmas is something you celebrate with your family. That it is important to have a family.
That they will still love you as much as they love their own child.



I grew up knowing that my elder brothers/sisters matter. That they will help me in times of need. That they will teach me lessons that would have otherwise got me killed (or worse, expelled) if I had gone myself to learn them. That mistakes happen, and they are not the end of the world. That sometimes, mischief must be managed. I grew up knowing that it is okay not to be good at studies. That life is not about the stupid exams. That everything is possible.
That they will teach me lessons that would have otherwise got me killed (or worse, expelled) if I had gone myself to learn them. That mistakes happen, and they are not the end of the world. That sometimes, mischief must be managed.



I grew up knowing that true love never dies; it ALWAYS is present. It lives on. That you cannot fathom all there is to love to a single word or a single feeling. That acquiring the one you love is not the real win. That the only safe reason to know if it is love or not is to see whether you can let them be happy with or without you. That when you love someone, you would be able to do anything and everything as long as it makes them happy and it would not be as difficult as brewing a Polyjuice Option.
That when you love someone, you would be able to do anything and everything as long as it makes them happy and it would not be as difficult as brewing a Polyjuice Option.
I grew up knowing that I should never let the muggles spoil my mood.



I grew up knowing that the brightest witch of her age is also the most beautiful witch of this universe. And that she is also very good at English and pronunciation. That it is not weird to spend most of your time in the library. And it is not weird to cry when you see the one you love with someone they love and who is not you. And that getting expelled is worse than getting killed. And that she can make imperious remarks regarding someone's emotional range. And that she will always love her best friends. Maybe not the same. But always.
I grew up knowing that the brightest witch of her age is also the most beautiful witch of this universe.



I grew up knowing that it is okay to fall in love with a girl completely out of my league. That sometimes, the girl I am in love with needs to sort out her priorities. That I wouldn't last more than two days without her.
That sometimes, the girl I am in love with needs to sort out her priorities.



I grew up knowing that magic is real. That writing is the closest thing we have to magic. And that it can heal wounds and depression. That words are the most inexhausitble source of magic. I may not be the best writer of my age yet, but, maybe eight years and seven books down the road, I would be.
That words are the most inexhausitble source of magic.
I grew up knowing that sometimes, teachers can be best friends, and sometimes, Best Friends can be teachers. And that some teachers are not teachers, but Lord Voldemort's real brothers and sisters.
And that some teachers are not teachers, but Lord Voldemort’s real brothers and sisters.
I grew up knowing that there will always bea teacher who would love you but never show it. And that someday, when it is perfectly appropriate, they would offer me a biscuit.



I grew up knowing that sometimes, if you persevere enough, you will get rewards. That revenge should never drive you crazy, that you should never let it define you, but it matters.
I grew up knowing that I would be able to get a date to take to prom, somehow. That someone would like the broken, introverted, and emotional me and she will love me with all her heart.
That someone would like the broken, introverted, and emotional me and she will love me with all her heart.
I grew up waiting for books.



I grew up in the time of Harry Potter and I am proud of it.


Add caption

Yours Sincerely
You-know-who(A fan, of course.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your feedback :)